Quantum Construction has been honored as the 2014 Skagit County Charitable Business of the Year for the medium-sized company category! The award is bestowed by the Burlington Rotary Club, who solicits nominations from the community. Quantum, a commercial construction company which serves the North Puget Sound, was one of over 900 nominations. The nominees are judged on how well the company fosters a culture of giving and service to the community, with the final winners being selected by an independent panel made of local public officials. It was a significant honor, especially in light of Quantum’s nomination and top 3 finalist award in the 2013 Charitable Business of the Year competition.
The companies are judged on activities and participation from the 2013 year. A few of the highlights from Quantum’s submission include:
- Building a Castle-themed playhouse benefitting the Skagit Valley Herald Christmas Fund, which was raffled off through the SICBA Playhouse of the Year Competition.
- Work performed at the Wounded Warriors in Action Healing Center, Camp Stillwater, in Rockport, WA. Work included a new wheelchair ramp and work to the new SICBA-bBuilt bunkhouse.
- Bus Shelter for Burlington’s West View Elementary, in partnership with Shell Puget Sound Refinery.
- Various charity auction donations, including a custom Dog Mini-Mansion for the Anacortes Schools Foundation. Sponsorship of similar events.
- A culture of community involvement, including the following employee participation in local non-profits: 2 executive board positions, 6 board of director positions, 5 chairpersons of various committees, participation in a large number of committees, speaking at the Cascade Job Corps Possibilities Workshop, youth sports coaching, and other volunteer events.
- Two leadership positions in local volunteer fire departments.
It’s clear to us that our employees care about the health of the local community and we sincerely appreciate them for it!